Portland is a highly populated city known for its eco friendly environment and mild climate year round. If you are moving to Portland Oregon, you might wonder how you can avoid spending a large amount of money on the cost of moving. You have enough to worry about, especially if you will have to adjust to a new lifestyle in your next home, so why should you pay more than you should?
For the best results, look over the best ways you can save up to 35% on your next move to Portland.
Moving To Portland Tips:
1. Do As Much As Can Yourself - One of the most important things you can do to save money when moving to Portland Oregon is that you certainly can save a whole bunch of money on your move just by doing some of your own work such as packing items into boxes and lifting furniture. If you leave your belongings out on the lawn for the movers, you can save plenty of money, especially if you hire a company that hires by the hours.
Be careful though, because if you do not think you can lift something, you should not strain your back over it. I had saved over a third on the moving bill by having a small going away party in which my friends and family helped me move- complete with chips and dip, of course!
2. Refrain From Purchasing The Mover’s Additional Supplies – If you are asking yourself “should I move to Portland and do it on the cheap? Then you should always try to avoid purchasing the moving boxes or supplies that the moving companies offer. There will be unnecessary, and unless you get a great deal of free ones with your moving package, you can just get used boxes from a friend or a store.
Packing materials can be substituted for newspaper, towels, and blankets. Who says you have to buy boxes from a moving company just because you hire them? Some boxes can be up to 20 dollars, and if you can get them for free, why pay?
3. Consider Lighten Up Your Load - Another thing you can do to save 35% when you move to Portland, Oregon is to leave some of your old appliances behind. You will save money by not having to move them, and if they were outdated or were not going to go with your new home, you will only be doing yourself a favor. Leave behind things that you can just replace.
Also, you should try to sell or give away any possessions that you definitely do not need or want. The less that you have to pack when you are moving to Portland the better it will be for you.
Summary: All in all, it is not very hard to save up to 35% when you move to Portland. In fact, it could be the easiest thing you have ever done. You just have to put in a little teamwork to get some of the packing and lifting done, and you can save a lot of money with free boxes. Do not pack anything that you do not need or want, and you will be able to have a less complicated move as well as a lower bill from the moving company.
Other Moving To Portland Articles Of Interest:
- 5 Fun Kid Places in Portland, Oregon
- Relocating To Portland, OR
- Moving to Portland – Chapter 1: Preparations
Moving To Portland Related Video
Filed under: Local Movers