Have you been involved with real estate agents and interstate movers? Those clues mean you’re about to embark on a crazy adventure, but you can bring it all home with patience and energy to spare.
Help your kids get through this trying time, too, by involving them with the moving process from the time you contact interstate movers all the way through to the unpacking. We have great tips to prepare for your interstate movers and make it all come together-and it starts by including your kids.
Interstate Movers Tips:
1. Jocelyn and Janelle will draw their attitude from yours, so keep it upbeat! Don’t hide your plans until the last minute. Give your children plenty of time to get used to the idea, and help them get acquainted with your new community.
They won’t be able to see their new digs firsthand if it involves interstate movers and all that jazz, but let them log online and begin research on their new neighborhood. Ask them to find out information such as the area population and how the new city got its name. The busywork will help them get over the I-Gotta-Move Blues.
2. Donnie and Marie’s next project will take them to the new school district’s website. Even if they don’t appear to be excited, they won’t be able to control at least some interest in the schools they’ll be attending. Ask the interstate moving companies if they know the area. And, by the way, don’t forget to call the school in your current neighborhood and tell them your children will be involved in an interstate moving adventure.
You’ll need their transcripts, and don’t forget to ask for the immunization records that the school has on file. Plus, if one or more of your children has been involved in an extracurricular activity, schedule some face time with the coach or teacher who’s in charge of that; maybe he or she can help the transition with a letter of recommendation to the new school.
3. Give Edward and Jacob each a box and tell them to start packing. Even very young kids have enough skills to help with this huge job-packing doesn’t have to be perfect!. Look over the list of packing tips that you got from your cross country movers.
Have your kids pack up the clothes, toys, and books in their rooms. Put them in charge of labeling boxes or sticking color-coded labels on boxes. If their friends want to help, let them; and allow them plenty of time to take a break and take photos of each other.
4. What about Lassie? Ask your interstate movers if they have lists of veterinarians. If not, this is yet another internet assignment for Aly and AJ. Have them visit your new county’s webpages and search for pet laws. They can simply type in the words “humane society, new city and state” into your search engine.
Ask them to research ways to keep your pet from becoming overexcited on moving day. Your interstate relocation company can probably update you on best transportation methods. Let the kids know how much Lassie relies on them for comfort at this stressful time.
5. Whether Nick, Kevin, and Joe are teenagers or grade schoolers, get them to journalize this adventure in your lives. Assign one of them to catalogue all the information you get from the interstate moving companies.
They can make lists of your favorite places at your current home. And then they can write ideas for outings once your interstate move is a fait accompli. Activities like these help your children to mark their important places within the family, even during hectic occasions that involve interstate movers.
Other Interstate Movers Articles Of Interest:
You don’t only need to organize the relocation, but you need to find interstate movers to take care of the hauling of your physical objects. You have got to learn just how you will end up paying for the relocate, after which you have to …
Publish Date: 08/05/2010 6:31
By helping children with their transitions parents will find they are less stressed as well. Want to find out more about Full Service Mover, then visit Gary Wiser’s site on how to choose the Best Interstate Movers for your needs. …
Publish Date: 05/04/2010 9:43
If you are making a long distance relocation, you can make your relocation simple and stress-free by using the service of interstate movers. It would be wise to get moving quotes from various relocation companies, and you can easily do so with …
Publish Date: 01/08/2009 9:56
Interstate Movers Related Video:
Moving to a new home can be a challenge when you have kids, and when its to a new state its even more overwhelming! Parents TV host Juli Auclair talks to a family of 6 about how it affected the kids when they moved across the country.
Interstate Movers Related Tweet:
By pantherart at 08/14/2010 8:52
Filed under: Household Goods Moving